A summer reading list update was woefully overdue, so I obliged. As you can see, I'm reading The Shack by Wm. Paul Young. (Not sure what "Wm." is. William? A title of some sort? Can anyone help me on this?) I was cynical at best about it at first, but both my parents read it and loved it and have been on me to read it ever since. So I am.
Before I finish it though I thought I'd see what you had to say. Anyone read it? Anyone like it? Anyone hate it? I'll reserve my opinion until I actually finish it.
And the other book, the C.S. Lewis and the Catholic Church one? That's another parent (in-law) suggestion, and a whole other story/blog post. It's interesting and provoking and convicting, as most things are that are connected to C.S. Lewis.
While we're on the subject, let me just say this: I've tried not to have favorite authors. I've tried to be broadly-read. I've tried to give other people a chance. But I just can't help it. I love him and I love everything he writes. He's the favorite I've tried hard not to have.
Sterotype me at will.
Before I finish it though I thought I'd see what you had to say. Anyone read it? Anyone like it? Anyone hate it? I'll reserve my opinion until I actually finish it.
And the other book, the C.S. Lewis and the Catholic Church one? That's another parent (in-law) suggestion, and a whole other story/blog post. It's interesting and provoking and convicting, as most things are that are connected to C.S. Lewis.
While we're on the subject, let me just say this: I've tried not to have favorite authors. I've tried to be broadly-read. I've tried to give other people a chance. But I just can't help it. I love him and I love everything he writes. He's the favorite I've tried hard not to have.
Sterotype me at will.
3 comments:
I love C.S. Lewis's idea of how people can be friends through the ages by identifying with what they have said or done. I consider him a friend. I find such a "home" in his works!
I really want you to have your own thoughts on "the Shack" without any help from anyone else, I want to have a discussion on your first thoughts that hit you while you're reading, not preconcieved or prejudged conceptions of it's contents. Just open honest reaction, good or bad. Please finish, it's not done till you're done, get my drift?!
mom
sorry, mispelled a few words in my haste, preconCEIVED or...... i before e except after c.....
Post a Comment