Both Ashley and Audrey gave me this award a long while back (thank you!), but because I am who I am and because my computer is what it is, I'm just now posting it like I should have when I got it. I know it's against the rules--and not as much fun--to post them as one, but I'm seriously doubting my ability to think of random things about myself slash come up with fourteen friends to whom I could pass on this award. I need to expand my blog-following. Anyway, I am beyond honored that they thought of me and so excited to post about the award, even if Creative is spelled wrong. Just kidding. Sort of. I just cannot suppress the English major in me.
OK, rules:
1. Post the award.
2. Thank the person who gave you the award.
3. Tell 7 things that people may not know about you.
4. Pass the award along to 7 friends.
5. Notify them that they have won.
So, my seven things...let's see.
1. I am a grammar freak. I have found a misprint/grammatical error/typo in every book I have ever read.
2. I walked on the University of Memphis' track team my freshman year as a high jumper. I'm not sure what possessed me, but I quickly started wondering why I thought I would like track in college if I hated track in high school. I stopped that madness quickly.
3. I read the Harry Potter series every fall. I've read them...quite a few times.
4. I love to be in the kitchen cooking, baking, cleaning, the whole bit. But I hate it when I'm pregnant.
5. I am getting more and more practical every year I'm a wife and mom. This scares me. I'm finding that I'm going to have to work hard to keep some whimsy and nonsense in my life.
6. I feel like I'm a weird mix of extreme Type-A-ness and Type-whatever else-ness. I think if I lived alone my Type-A-ness would dominate any and all things. Alas, that is not the case. And it's only going to get worse--I mean better! I would use the strikethrough function on that one if it didn't annoy me.
7. I have a shower routine that I haven't broken in a long time. It begins and ends with a minute of reveling in the silence and solitude.
My seven friends/awardees:
1. Charlotte: taught her in my discipleship group when she was in high school, but now I'm very proud to call her my friend. She's sooo creative--in decorating, photography, and her niche: graphic design. I aspire to her greatness!
2. Emily: a dear friend who's at all times funny, honest, sincere, and edgy. She makes me smile. A lot. And she proves her love to me every time she makes the trek to Alpharetta.
3. Stephanie: a blogger friend who's married to a guy I went to high school with and whom I've met in Target once. She has three precious kids and every time I read her blog I'm happy and excited to be a mom too.
4. Maribeth: the wife of our wedding photographer who has three kids and unbridled creativity. She's funny and no-nonsense in a blunt kind of way and I love that.
5. Brandy: a friend from our days at FBA who has been a fellow Bible-study-er, a to the hospital food-bringer, and a fashionista. And I don't throw that term around.
6. Alicia: singer, humorist, lover of my babies. She and I have worn similar outfits at the same time, multiple times, which I thought was awesome but I hope didn't make her question her taste.
7. Lindsay: friend, bridesmaid, poet. She is now married and expecting her first darling baby! Her walk with the Lord stuns me periodically.
And that's all she wrote.

1 comment:
yay! i love to read your blog.
p.s. i totally have a shower routine! and i also revel in the me time of it. even if its a quickie shower b/c my kids are screaming!
Post a Comment