We went to my aunt's last week just to get out, and had such a fun time looking at shells (E made me take some pictures of them), practicing our "flamingo pose" (a favorite pastime of hers), and--obviously--giving the camera (or perhaps the camerawoman?) some serious stares.
Judah's second birthday was last Thursday, and we celebrated with some presents, birthday cinnamon rolls, and thunderstorms. I felt so bad for him all day, because after the morning fun it was basically non-stop cartoons. When you've got a very pregnant, very tired mommy and very wet weather, that's about all that's left to do. We did take him to CiCi's that night (right before coming home and getting into a closet because of the tornado warnings), which he loved. That made me feel a little less awful about the uneventful middle part of his day.
A word about the shades: 1) They were Toy Story and 2) they were on clearance. That's all I'm going to say.
Also, he got a haircut! Or two or three...you just can't get it right in one shot with a wiggly, uncooperative two-year-old. But it's definitely better than before--the little man couldn't see the anything for the bangs in his face. Tony and I are mourning the Judah-hair though, and everyone thinks we're crazy. We were just attached.
Saturday saw an extremely quick run to the park. I had a friend's baby shower to get to, but we managed to let them run around in the gorgeous weather for about thirty minutes. I love this picture of Elizabeth:
Here's a picture of the kids on Judah's birthday last year. My, how things--and children--have changed.
No comments:
Post a Comment