Hey! We're getting somewhere. The 100th post is a milestone, right? All you frequent bloggers quit shaking your heads at me.
Not much has been happening here, other than some serious nesting. Exhibits A, B, C, and so on:
![]() |
| Baby clothes all washed and waiting for a sweet little body to cover. |
![]() |
| Blankets and Moby wrap washed and diapers ready for action. |
![]() |
| Bags are packed for the most part, except for the things I still use everyday. |
The present you see at the top right of that last picture is for Judah and Elizabeth when they come to meet the baby for the first time in the hospital. I got them each a simple little "Big Sister Elizabeth" and "Big Brother Judah" shirts off etsy and a sweet lady gave us a bag full of toys for them at my shower...which I came home and hid until I wrapped them up with their shirts. Hopefully that will be a fun and special thing for them...apart from meeting their new brother!
Elizabeth is estatic about Rivers, always hugging my tummy, saying "I loooove you, baby Rivers" and wanting to feeling him kick (and then being thrilled when he does). We talk about how much she's going to help me as the big sister, and I really think she will. I'm so excited to see her with him.
Judah is a wild card. He knows where the baby is when we ask him (he points to my belly), and occasionally will randomly say "Rivers," but that's about it. He is 100% into two-year-old mode, so that's a little scary. Prayers would be appreciated!
As far as Tony and I go, I'm just basically trying to make it through each day with my heavy eyelids open and trying to be as un-zombie-like as possible. I do not remember being this exhausted and sleepy right before the other two! Tony says it's never really real to him until the baby actually gets here. Which I sort of get...except that I have a huge reminder that I'm lugging around in front of me all the time. I think we're all just ready to get this show on the road! Really trying to be patient though, resting and enjoying our last days with just two kids.
I feel like, at least for me, it's that way in every area and at every time of my life. I so want to live in the present moment, not wishing away today in anticipation of tomorrow, or dwelling on the good things (or the regrets!) of the past. God is granting me the grace to do that, but I have to remember to ask for it almost momentarily. We're living the practical application of "my grace is sufficient for you" these days.
Stay tuned!




1 comment:
This is going to sound weird, but you look skinny in your picture! Getting excited!!!!!!!! I owe you dinner- be thinking about what you want...
Post a Comment