Hello there! I have pictures today! And a new, streamlined blog-look. I needed to simplify.
My friend Charlotte, whom you may remember from a recent post, orchestrated a Valentine's Day crafty project she called "BE MINE." The idea was to get a name and address from Char, make a Valentine, and send it to them. There were no rules or restrictions or guidelines or suggestions as to what the Valentine could be, which kind of stressed me out at first, then forced me to get creative. I lay in bed the night before I made it with my mind whirling with ideas, most of which centered around breaking out the sewing machine I didn't know how to use. Thankfully, my mother-in-law was already planning to come over that next morning so I figured she could show me how to thread a dang bobbin. And she did! This is what evolved after that:
A little set of four notecards with the initials of my "Valentine" in gold, with some gold embellished corners and a gold swirl on the back of the envelope. Also a tiny pink zig-zag of thread to make it special. I left my sewing machine out for a good week thinking that now that I knew how to do some basic stuff, I would tackle all the sewing projects I had in my infinite list of Things I Want to Do Eventually.
The machine definitely sat there and collected dust for days and days.
Anyway, just wanted to share since I amazingly already uploaded the pics from my camera. Kid pics coming next, I promise.
P.S. How fun are wire words? Learned that neat trick from Emily.
1 comment:
You have a blog! I am so excited, haha! One more wonderful thing to have in common. :) These are gorgeous by the way! Way to be super creative, haha! :)
Post a Comment