Friday, April 18, 2008

Blog Fever

All this introspection goes to your head!

I figured I should do a family update since my last and first blog was a too-long explanation of why I chose my blog name. So here we go!

Elizabeth celebrated 8 months to the day yesterday. I am astounded daily at how quickly this year has gone by. I cannot believe she will turn 1 in August! It seems like it's just around the corner and I should start making her birthday cake now. When I was pregnant, it was like my mind didn't let me think past the due date. I remember being surprised when people would plan things for, say, the middle of September. (Her due date was Aug.24.) Surely the world and time stop when you have a baby! Not so much.... Apparently they go into double-time.

She is smiling at the drop of a hat, babbling, and boy can that girl stand--with a little support from Mommy. :) Tony and I both think she might walk before she crawls. She is just so not interested in being on her tummy on the floor! Too little to see, I think.

Tony is still liking his job. We love our friends (who, for the most part, are also his coworkers), and I tell people all the time that they are the best part of Atlanta for us. They make this huge and impersonal city quite home-like for us country folk.

I am enjoying spring arriving in Georgia. I'm not one for cold weather (unless it's December 24 and 25), so I am in hog heaven in Hotlanta! It's our second spring here, and I'm loving not being pregnant this time. Elizabeth and I have started taking long walks and with all the new green of the grass and leaves and the tree blossoms, it's just so lovely.

I get very specific feelings about each season as they come, usually connected to past experiences. Last year I was fighting nervousness as I remembered springtime track. AH! Thankfully that has slackened somewhat this year and I can behave like a normal person who has not run a race in 5 years! You'd think I would have been over it.

I hear my baby girl talking in her crib, so I'm going to quit this post and go get her--my favorite thing in the morning. Thanks for your patience and indulgence.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

country folk.. ha!

i want to eat your baby. (that sounds weird) adorable thing. :)

love love you

Christen and Richard said...

hey friend. :) i like your family.