Thursday, April 17, 2008

Doxology Mine.

Names say so much. They are first impressions; they are identity. They shape your thought about a thing before you even encounter it. Accordingly, I wanted to give my blog a fitting title, so people could decide for themselves whether it would really be worth their time reading yet another no-name-nobody's two cents. After thinking long and hard about it, and at the risk of sounding overly pretentious, I came up with the present name. Yeah, I liked the sound of it, and that definitely satisfies the pseudo-poet in me, but more than that, I needed to christen my blog with a name that would remind me what I initially wanted this profusion of me me me to be about:

The Lord.

I hesitated for a while, wrestling back and forth about what it said about me if I considered my words and ideas and opinions worthy enough to spend hours, possibly, collecting and expressing them, not to mention to have my friends spend their time reading them. So if you're reading this right now, I am honored and humbled and more than a little anxious about what you might think. I don't think I have anything special to add to this table of rampant monologues, but tonight some friends convinced me of the value of putting thoughts-to-blog (pen to paper, as it were) in the hope that while I'm hashing out my faith day to day, you may be encouraged to do the same.

So I start this blogging season of my life with the prayer that it will become another branch of my life where I may add more glory to Jesus in some way. That's the intention I put in the name, anyway. Leave your first impressions as you will.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love it! I truly look forward to hearing what the Lord places on your heart. You choose beautiful words.

will said...

first? impressed.

and thanks for the link friend. i miss you guys, and i'll call before too long and catch up.

brandy nicole said...

first impression: really great.

i'm hooked.