Monday, April 6, 2009

Return of the Mommy



Just so everyone knows, I am writing this post with a sleeping Elizabeth perched in my lap. Jude is asleep in the crib (that's right; we only have one), and all is peaceful for the moment. (All moms breathe a collective and reflective sigh of relief here with me.) It would be perfect, but for the destruction going on above me. I wish you could hear the Armageddon-ish booms coming from the ceiling! For the past couple of months, there have been workman, movers, and generally heavy walkers (that's for you, Jenni) in the apartment above us. I don't know what the previous tenants did to that place, but apparently the complex has needed to declare it a ground zero and start building from the guts up. As one might imagine, it is NOISY! Not the ideal conditions for a newborn and a 1 and 1/2 year old not-so-good-nap-taker. Just wanted to set the stage for you.

Aaaanyway....

A lot's changed since last year, which was the last time I posted. We have not one cutie patootie, but TWO! I don't even know where to begin. "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times," is appropriate, but maybe a touch too dramatic. Judah is a perfect baby, adhering to the Babywise routine like a champ. He has his little fussy time anywhere from 9 to 11 at night, at which point I am convinced no one but Daddy will do. Elizabeth is hilarious and crazy all day long. If she takes a nap it's usually on the floor or couch (or today, me) because that girl sleeps where she falls. (I am reaping the consequences of NOT having her on a routine. I will not make that mistake again!) She loves, loves, loves her baby brother, trying to touch him, kiss him, lay on him, etc., whenever she can. She frequently finds his pacy and sticks it in her own mouth, then when I catch her she pops it out, holds it up to me and says, "Ju-da? Ju-da?" as sweetly as you can imagine. My little helper.

We are still in our two-bedroom apartment, but not for lack of trying to find something else! We have decided, after much prayer, that it must be God who finds us a house, because we sure haven't had any success. We are much too picky, and much too spoiled with our pretty-low rent. Sadly, I still spend/waste a lot of my time on jennypruitt.com just searching and searching for that perfect first home: an older, mostly brick "cottage" with a huge front porch, 4BR/at least 2BA, large and open eat-in kitchen, preferably renovated with white cabinets and stainless appliances, hardwoods and/or NEW Berber carpets, and a gorgeous, lush, and level backyard with the kind of grass that begs to be played in. All must be charming and have loads of character and give me a "quaint" feeling. Is this too much to ask?! I know, I know.

Thanks for reading, and if you are reading, then thanks for waiting this long to do it. I am a blogger again!



1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you've just back in! I had left your link on mine, not giving up hope that you'de return!