Thursday, April 9, 2009

Holy Thursday Thoughts.

I am not the hugest fan of greeting cards, unless they are just really, really, really funny. I usually opt for a blank card and say exactly what I want to say, the way I want to say it. So it was interesting for me to receive an Easter card today and not only like it, but have my sanctification process furthered too. :) It reminded me of all the things I'd been forgetting lately, and sent my mind to where it should have been the whole of this Holy Week. Here is what it said:

We should fear only
If the Lord were not in control...

We should worry only
If the Lord were not able to meet our needs...

We should strive only
If the Lord were not our Shepherd...

We should doubt only
If the Lord were not faithful...

We should grieve only
If the Lord were not risen!

Hallelujah! His life and His love have set us free.

No comments: