We had a little get-together with friends for E's birthday last Saturday, which I will document pictorially soon. There was cake and presents, presents and cake, and lots of sweet friends.
In other great news, Katie came Monday to stay the week with us, which has been more than wonderful. We've shopped, played, eaten, slept, and watched hours of the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. Picked up lamps for the sofa-table-turned-buffett and a rug and painting for E's room during our five-hour outing yesterday, during which the kids behaved themselves quite admirably. I was glad to be reminded that the world does exist outside my house in the middle of the day. I hadn't seen it in a while, so I had forgotten.
And lastly, Jude was introduced (passive voice, sorry) to rice cereal this morning. My camera battery kept dying, but with a little finagling we managed to get a few pictures of his awesome faces of disgust and confusion. Hooray for solid foods!
1 comment:
I love that you make such a big deal out of birthdays.
Maybe my son can live vicariously through his children
in this regard.
Post a Comment