Here's the mishmash update post for the most stressful, wonderful, crazy-busy month of my life. (That's only a slight exaggeration.) There's a few pictures of the new house (which my perfectionist self cringes to show you because everything's not, well, perfect), a few pictures from our trip to Memphis, and a few of the Birthday Girl and her sweet baby brother.
On the house: I am on the hunt for 3 occasional chairs for the living room (yeah, the fold-up chairs by the fireplace are not staying), a skinny buffet for the dining room, and two long, distressed, antique planks to make picture shelves for the dining room. Slowly, slowly.
There are no pictures of the upstairs because...because it's a wreck. Nothing is put together and it's driving me nuts. Sorry. I can't post pictures of things that drive me nuts. It just compounds the battle that is taking place in my soul.
On the birthday(s): At the end of it all, Elizabeth is going to end up with 4 (!) birthday celebrations. So fun. We--I--love birthdays around here. She had a party with the Fishers and the Goodwins in Memphis (Nos. 1 and 2), one day-long fiesta with us on her actual birthday in Atlanta (we went all out and blew up her little inflatable pool and let her play in the garden hose and I made her favorite food for every meal, which, of course, per Elizabeth, she did not eat), and on Saturday we're having friends for cake and ice cream, which is also doubling for a see-the-new-house party. Whew!
On the move: It was traumatic. We're all still recovering. That's all I have to say about that.
On Judah-man: Baby boy's rolling and sitting (with the Boppy) and talking and laughing at his sister and just being the best baby there ever was. Can't remember what life was like without him. Really. I tried.
On my big 2-year-old: What can I say. She's really into "coloring" on her MagnaDoodle thing, a present from the Fishers; every two minutes she wants to "Watch. Elmo." Which means she wants to watch Finding Nemo (Katie and Andrew gave her the movie and a stuffed animal that she now cannot live without); she sits at her table and chairs and plays with her tea set (all from my mom and dad), and wants YoBaby for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
I love that girl. I can't believe God ordained us to be her parents and gave us the joy of watching her live. She is just so...wonderful. Just wonderful.
On the house: I am on the hunt for 3 occasional chairs for the living room (yeah, the fold-up chairs by the fireplace are not staying), a skinny buffet for the dining room, and two long, distressed, antique planks to make picture shelves for the dining room. Slowly, slowly.
There are no pictures of the upstairs because...because it's a wreck. Nothing is put together and it's driving me nuts. Sorry. I can't post pictures of things that drive me nuts. It just compounds the battle that is taking place in my soul.
On the birthday(s): At the end of it all, Elizabeth is going to end up with 4 (!) birthday celebrations. So fun. We--I--love birthdays around here. She had a party with the Fishers and the Goodwins in Memphis (Nos. 1 and 2), one day-long fiesta with us on her actual birthday in Atlanta (we went all out and blew up her little inflatable pool and let her play in the garden hose and I made her favorite food for every meal, which, of course, per Elizabeth, she did not eat), and on Saturday we're having friends for cake and ice cream, which is also doubling for a see-the-new-house party. Whew!
On the move: It was traumatic. We're all still recovering. That's all I have to say about that.
On Judah-man: Baby boy's rolling and sitting (with the Boppy) and talking and laughing at his sister and just being the best baby there ever was. Can't remember what life was like without him. Really. I tried.
On my big 2-year-old: What can I say. She's really into "coloring" on her MagnaDoodle thing, a present from the Fishers; every two minutes she wants to "Watch. Elmo." Which means she wants to watch Finding Nemo (Katie and Andrew gave her the movie and a stuffed animal that she now cannot live without); she sits at her table and chairs and plays with her tea set (all from my mom and dad), and wants YoBaby for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
I love that girl. I can't believe God ordained us to be her parents and gave us the joy of watching her live. She is just so...wonderful. Just wonderful.
So. Pictures. Here you go.
to the right of the bay window). As I said, still
looking for furniture to fit this oddly shaped room.
Didn't work.
I love V at Daniel Shay's, so much so that I wait six months
to get my hair done--I have to make sure our
Memphis trips and her hours align.
Yeah, my hair was gross.
The guys played golf Friday night while we played at the pool
and then we got up Saturday morning and hit Lake Wedowee.
(Still don't know how to pronounce it.)
(I'm getting around to hanging that door panel. One day.)
7 comments:
I know you are so exited about your new house- it looks great!!! My kids totally say Elmo when they mean Nemo, and it was good to bump into ya'll the other day! It's too bad you're not in Memphis more often!
Okay I did my part- now I'll be checking in for more posts =)
(I'm one to talk lately!)
RACH-
I am obsessed!!!! Your family is precious and I cannot even believe how big they are getting! I love you blog and am so grateful I have some idea what is going on in your life. Congrats on a new house! Its looking great. I know yall are so grateful! I miss you!
-Char
and, here is a mishmash of comments:
*love your new house, especially how happy you are about a window in the kitchen!
*fyi: with kids, i don't think things will ever be perfect in your home. you sacrifice your stuff for theirs (buying and decorating). it's kinda sad.
*and, the bangs-love them! i am thinking about getting them myself. also, i have heard great things about daniel shay's. several of my friends at school go there and the owners send their kids to school there so last year, they gave all of us a gift certificate-so nice! i may have to go visit your girl!
*pico looks yummy-i feel a recipe post coming on here . . .
*lastly, i just want to squeeze jude's chubby little cheeks so badly. love baby whiteness, too.
so, i think that is at least 5 posts worth of comments. serve.
LOVE your hair!! I can't wait to see it live!
I'm so excited for Saturday...
cute post! congrats on your house! your kids are presh, and happy birthday to elizabeth! you make me so excited about having another baby in a few months!!!
1. How is it that I've had a blog for approximately 5 years and you have more readers that COMMENT than I actually have readers in general? I am jealous!
2. Like I said on your facebook. I LOVE your hair! It looks fantastic. I want to brush it. I don't know why, it just seems so soft and untangled.
3. I almost didn't look at your pictures of your house, because I wanted it to be a surprise on Saturday.. but then I caved. It was way too tempted. It is gorgeous and spacious and perfect! I'm glad you included the door panel view. I can't wait to see the finished product. Oh, and the table is phenomenal as well. You are the most awesome homemaker ever.
4. I'm giving Elizabeth an Elmo video for her birthday. (shh) Maybe this will force her into communicating the difference. Otherwise she won't get to watch the one she wants!
5. Will you be preparing another fresh strawberry cake for my visit on Saturday? Because it has been a year since I've had it. I need it. Real bad.
6. Are you pregnant with your next baby yet? I feel like I'm already tired of waiting. (muahhaa)
7. I love when you post. It makes my life.
I am trully blessed that you are my daughter and feel so overwhelmed with joy and gratitude when I read your blog. I can't wait to see if you have updated, silly huh, when I can pick up the phone and call you, yeah right. Love you, have I told you, you should right a book????!!!!
mom
Post a Comment