Monday, September 14, 2009

Procrastination Part 2.

Progress report is as follows: Folded laundry? Check. Packed bags? Check. Vacuumed floors? Thank you, Tony, that's a check. Toilets? Yet unscrubbed.

Sigh.

Here's the question of the night/wee hours of the morning: Am I crazy that I like these chairs? I found them on craigslist today, $35 for the pair. I think they're so interesting. Try to envision them somewhere other than the trainwreck room in which they're pictured. I would only put one of them downstairs I think, and the other in our room. Vintage? Shabby chic? Garbage? Tell me. I want to know.


5 comments:

Emily said...

I wish I could have hugged your neck during your 36 hour stay home!! But I'm glad you got a lot done! I LOVE E's new dress. She has no idea how well she is dressed... I am only judging by the way she eats peanut butter crackers in her great clothes.. :)

And about the chairs. They totally look like Rachel chairs! I definitely agree with separating the two. Having them together would look like you have bad taste as opposed to modern retro. :) One in the living room, with a great patterned throw could look pretty awesome.

Will you come home and play with me?

Love.

maribeth said...

would you recover them?

Candace said...

I love them... I was hoping you were selling them. We have a sitting area in our room and the only thing missing is a chair...which I have yet to find one I like.

Rachel said...

Haha, no I wouldn't recover them. At least not now. They're actually pretty much the exact color and fabric I have subconsciously been looking for, ever since a fateful viewing of a room of genevieve's on hgtv.com. It had a chaise lounge that looked almost exactly like these chairs, and I loved it. She paired it with rustic elements and such, and I think I have been unknowingly trying to recreate it. That's the story of my love of these chairs. The end.

Suzie said...

Ooh, love the chairs!! I love the salmon color!! I have been on the lookout for some salmon coloring for my dining room. I recently looked at something salmon and it was paired with a grey-tone and looked great! Good find!