Is what my daughter is watching on half of my computer screen while I try to blog. Any mother will understand the lengths to which one will go to keep children entertained...not that I'm all for keeping her entertained all the time--I'm not--but when it's early in the morning and the other child is asleep and the alternative is her running down the hall talking loudly (screaming), then yes, I am all for keeping her entertained. Onward....
I want to say thanks for sticking with me. I sincerely, deeply, heartfelt-ly offer my apologies for making you halt your lives while you wait for me to blog.
Wait, you don't? What? WHAT?!
I've got some good stuff coming, if I can ever remember to upload the pictures from my camera. Like an updated picture of my now pretty-much-finished dining room and a how-to on putting a copper and patina finish on cheapo frames. [Sidenote: I stole this idea from my friend Megan whom I could hyperlink if she blogged. But she doesn't. She just blog-stalks and keeps all her good ideas to herself. Selfish. You heard me, Megan! Selfish!]
Also, I made some corn chowder the other day and took step-by-step pictures and planned on blogging about it because my mother-in-law makes it and it is so good and the world needs to know about it. Buuuuttt the recipe was missing half of the instructions and I winged it and it didn't turn out as amazing as I thought it was going to be and so now you'll have to wait until I figure out how to really make it.
Ironically, a couple of days later I made some chicken tortilla soup that was TO DIE FOR and didn't take step-by-step pictures or fantasize about the witty and clever things I would say about it or anything. So you'll have to wait until I make it again and can post it in all the pictorial step-by-step grandeur it deserves.
To make up for all the above listed shortcomings and travesties, here are some pictures. At the risk of sounding blasphemous, in the blogging world pictures do indeed cover a multitude of sins.
Just like love.
Here you go:
Oh, you don't do that at your house? Weird.
Well, that's all from me today. Thanks for hanging in there. I want to leave you with a passage that's been with me this week. I made a little "Boo Bag" to start in our neighborhood and this is what God laid on my heart to put with the fallish things I packed it with:
"[Jesus Christ] is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.* And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross" [emphasis mine].
Colossians 1:15-20
6 comments:
i love, love, love the sofa at the end of your bed! and, if only my laundry got done that way. oh, one more thing: chicken tortilla is my favorite and we eat soup at least twice a week in the winter, so you know just whenever your ready to help josh out, i am sure he would appreciate it.
Glad you returned... I check your blog everyday and was thrilled to find an update today! The Col. verse is one that we have on our wall thanks to a knock off version of Uppercase Living. (You know it looks painted on, but is really just fancy stickers) It's a great one!
I do not blog stalk. Ok, sometimes...
every time i go to your blog i am more than happy to turn off whatever music i have playing just to listen to what you have on here. it's wonderful.
i love your kids. the handholding kills me every time. and, you know, sometimes eating is just more important than sleep!
ok, love you!
Ahh! I love it when you blog! I actually read the blog immediately after you posted it... but I realized today that I never commented!
I always choose eating over sleep.
I love your decorating skills, I wish you could help me with mine.
When can we hang out again soon?
Your family is beautiful.
I love you, Rachel Fisher. :)
Post a Comment