Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Teaser.

I'm in a blog rut that I can't seem to climb out of, so I wanted to break the ice with a small post to let you all know that I am--we are--still breathing.

I started digging the Rut--gasp, can it be more than a month ago now?!--when I tried to switch over to WordPress. I got frustrated because I didn't know how to use it, it wasn't looking all pretty as easily as Blogger does, etc., etc. And as it usually goes when I am overwhelmed by something I wanted to master immediately [why is that schoolish tendency still hanging on in me?], I quit it for a while.

And then the Rut got 200 feet deeper when I decided to forget about the Doxology Mine WordPress twin for a minute and just blog as usual.

Well.

I spent an unplanned HOUR AND A HALF one night in bed blogpressing from my phone with MY INDEX FINGER an incredibly long post which included some first-birthday-catch-up [come on, it wouldn't be a Rachel-post without some gratuitous hyphenation] and a detailed story about run-on sentences and my crazily intimidating AP American History teacher Mrs. Miesse.

Aren't you sad you missed that?

I finished the whole thing, sacrificing my index finger's full range of motion for the next few days, went to double check the spelling of a word in the title, and came back to find the whole thing gone. G-O-N-E.

The word I was spellchecking was "unnecessary." Boy was it.

Anyway, that's my story-slash-alibi. More to come soon, I promise. With pictures of children. And no more attempts to dramatize my high school days.

Thanks for being great blogfriends! [Or is it blog-friends?]

Yeah.

1 comment:

Erica B said...

I think it might be b-l-o-g- f-r-i-e-n-d-s! lol, just kidding :)