
Sleeping babies. Sleeping babies who wear Christmas pajamas in March.

Playing babies.


Tulip trees. Or whatever they actually are.

The way Judah holds anything remotely phone shaped up to the back of his head and says, "Heeeey."
The way Elizabeth says peanut butter. It's kind of like "peana boodah."
The way I have to list our next activites after Elizabeth's daily naptime/bedtime question of "And when we wake uuuuup?"
The way Judah loves his puppy. {See above sleeping photo.}
The way he raises his arms to me to be picked up if I'm within a 5-foot radius.
The way he points vaguely overhead when I ask him where the light is.
The way he dramatically raspberries out of his mouth any food he doesn't like.
The way Elizabeth says "I do it myself" about everything lately. Well, that's more love/hate.
The way she calls diaper rash ointment "ice cream," obviously--and potentially horribly--getting her "creams" a little confused.
The way she plays mommy with her babies. It's always the same rountine too: she drags the play crib out into the middle of the floor, pulls one of her little chairs up next to it, tucks her babies in bed and sits in her chair to read a book to them.
It's always therapy to me to list things I love about my children and my days with them. Especially after a morning like today's, which started with me leaving the front door wide open for the 3 hours we were gone to the doctor. Sheesh.
What are the things that make you smile without fail, despite irritation/anger/exhaustion/complete idiocy? I want to know!
What are the things that make you smile without fail, despite irritation/anger/exhaustion/complete idiocy? I want to know!
2 comments:
i could list them here. but you have inspired me to do my own post. so i will. tomorrow. i must sleep now b/c my children sleep!! night.
I like the idea too, but here's a few anyway...
-the way my nieces like for me to take them "potty" when we have family dinners.
-the fact that my husband is an OCD neat freak.
-the fact that my sister and I call each other "sister."
Post a Comment