Saturday, April 3, 2010

Make this immediately. Immediately make this. Right now. Go.

I know everyone has a Mexican-themed Easter meal planned, right?

Well happy you, you get an incedible salsa recipe today! What timing!

If you're one of those people eating ham and such, at least make this Monday.

We have recently been addicted--ADDICTED--to this salsa at our house, and of course it's the Pioneer Woman's recipe.

Don't judge me. I'm trying to branch out!

Anyway, it's DELICIOUS no matter whose recipe it is. And minus the chips you eat with it, it's fairly good for you!

The victims:



Plus a lime that I forgot.

And that is a questionable jalapeƱo, but a regular one will do. Look at the deathly seeds! [They're supposed to be white.]



I gutted that thing. But for the record, I usually leave the seeds in.

Dump everything into a blender:



And disclaimer: I've made this with a food processor and I've made it with a Magic Bullet, and both times I have not liked it as well--it's all about the consistency!

I pulse it pretty well. In this case, I'm with Tony, and prefer "homogenized" salsa (to use PW's description), which lacks the loathable big chunks.

Looks like this in the blender:




And looks like this in the humongous Tupperware container it fills:




And if you're me, you just realized that you forgot the lime juice (your favorite ingredient), so pour everything back in the blender and make things right.



Perfect!

Now some pico. It's my own variation, but it's parent came from you-know-who. I'd link her if I wasn't blogpressing from my phone.

Cast:



I actually only used three Roma tomatoes. And yes, that's fresh AND dried cilantro. Tony's not a fan of the leaves. And to be honest, this was actually the best batch I've ever made.

Cut all the veggies up pretty small; you get a better balance of tastes.




I only add about half the can of the corn and beans:



And stir it up!



So fresh. So clean. So fresh and so clean clean.

Go to PW's site and search her cooking page for these recipes to get exact step-by-step instructions with pictures. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Abigail (Cox) Cook said...

Rachel,
I made her salsa this weekend as well, and love it! Definitely the only way to eat salsa! Hope all is well in Atlanta.

Emily said...

OH, I WILL!! Seriously- I need a blender though. Dang it.

Erica B said...

Hey Rachel! I tagged you with The Sunshine Award!
http://baumer-family.blogspot.com/2010/04/sunshine-award.html