So ever since I found D.S. Martin's blog, via The Rabbit Room, I've felt like that little literature-class-sized hole in my life has been filled. If only I could take some fresh new notebooks and a package of Uniball Precise pens and sit at a desk, I'd be complete. (I'm really only partially joking. My husband is still confounded at the school lover in me.)
Anyway, Kingdom Poets featured Angelico Chavez a couple of days ago, and I wanted to share one of his little poems that moved me with its simplicity and profundity. I have visions of it calligraphied and framed and hanging somewhere in my once and future home.
Jesus at the Well
Give me to drink this desert wine,
This water welled by men;
Amen, I say, but drink of mine,
You shall not thirst again.
Give me to drink, for I am I,
Begging from earthly jars,
Who plunged the Dipper in the sky
And splashed the night with stars.
"..for I am I." Yes.
1 comment:
beautiful
Post a Comment