Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Broken Promises.

I promised you that I would be better. I promised that I wouldn't make you wait. I promised that no matter how busy I got, I would make time to blog. All those promises...broken. I hope you will choose to look past my failings and decide to stay with me. I can't go on without you!

Would approximately one gazillion pictures help heal the wound? I'll do anything to make it right!

But I've got to make it quick because I've got a date with Hillsong United tonight in T-minus 71 minutes.


This is Elizabeth just chilling, reading the Bible with a headband on her head like it's no big deal.


Here's how we found the stinker eating Oh's a couple days ago. I promise I watch my children.


Oh, what's that? You need a picture of Jude? Ok, but I warn you, the cuteness in large doses can be fatal. Here he is after an apparently pretty tough Sunday.


Elizabeth likes to wear things on her head. And get everyone else to also.


Are you feeling woozy yet? The adorableness getting to you? Well, this picture's blurry, so that cuts down the potency a bit. Just go lie down for a while and recoup. That is, if you can tear yourself away.


My new favorite pastime is pioneerwoman.com. I read her stuff, and then go try to be her. Like baking this HOMEMADE, FROM-SCRATCH rosemary bread. It was beautiful and yummy. Thank you PW, and thank you Megan for making me give her butterflies a second chance.



My Mothers' Day present from Tony--he bought me the matching band for my engagement ring! I love him.



We went to the Zoo in Memphis--we were both pretty excited to ride the merry-go-round.



I mean, how cute is this?!




It takes a manly man to wear a baby carrier. And in public too.



Elizabeth is roaring at the lions. Provoking them. A not-even-two-year-old. As I think I've said before, she's fearless.



AH! Stop the preciousness! I can't take it!



Yes, she falls asleep anywhere.



In Oklahoma, playing with her second cousins (my cousin's kids...is that right? I don't even know.) Oh yeah, and she's got a shirt on her head. Again.


OK, so the story about the next two pictures is as follows: Katie, my dad and I went with Elizabeth and her two cousins, Sunni and Savannah, to go feed the ducks with leftover breadsticks (ducks like garlic, right?). I begin breaking off tiny pieces of bread for them to throw so that it lasts longer. (Mind you, the ducks were no where close to us. Actually they were smack dab in the middle of the pond and ignoring us completely.) Anyway, Elizabeth soon has enough of that, and walks right over to the bread and helps herself. To a huge chunk. Two breadsticks stuck together. Which she procedes to throw about 2 inches away because that's all her little arm can muster under such a heavy load. Into some mud. Giving up on the ducks, she runs her little body right up to the mud and retrieves her bread. And eats it herself. That's my girl.







What a great granddaddy-Bear. I love this picture.



And this one.



Another picture-worthy, if typical, Elizabeth outfit.


Sleeps anywhere. Precious girl.


So now here's some more fun things that have been running around in my head today. Your opinions are welcomed, even wanted! So comment away. Please. Let me know you're out there.

I saw this last night and have been dreaming about it and its cousins (a gold, damask-backed one and a brown, also nailhead-studded one) since. In that dream I also have a house into which to put all this stuff.



I saw the red chair when I was buying this beautiful, gorgeous, handpainted door panel for $150 LESS than it's retail value. Thank you very much.
It is currently sitting in its box, as I have nowhere to put it.
Oh yeah, and I also have nowhere to put this:

But I bought the table and six chairs anyway. I couldn't pass them up. I tried.

I also completed calligraphy-ing (calligraphizing? calligraphamozing?) another wedding recently, but forgot to take pictures of the finished product. I'll try to get some samples up soon though, so go ahead and tell all of your engaged friends that you want them to hire me. Thanks.
I'll also try to post again within days, maybe hours, of this post, just to prove to you that you and the continuance of our relationship means that much to me. Did the ridiculous length of today's blog make it up to you at all? Hope so. As I said, I'll try to be better. But I'm not making any more promises.

3 comments:

brandy nicole said...

love it.

Ben and Audrey said...

hey girl! your blog is cute and your kiddos are even cuter!!! hope ya'll are doing well!!! i have a blog too, feel free to check it out!!

Audrey!

Anonymous said...

Rach-
I love seeing you precious little family. That door is AMAZING. Fyi- if I were getting married anytime soon, I would be asking for you to do my invites.... just go ahead and pencil that in for sometime in the future. Love you and I am really glad I got to see you for a bit the other day!
-Char