Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Gypsy Travels.

So we're back. (For the next two weeks anyway.) Tony, Jude and I went to Destin for Beach Camp last week, and then met his parents in Nashville on Monday to pick up our sweet baby girl. Finally! Camp was chaotic as usual, but the Lord moved in mighty ways. It is so encouraging to see actual change begin in the lives of kids we've (by "we," I mean mostly Tony) invested in over the last two and a half years. Only God could do what we've seen done in that time. All glory to Him!

Jude and I were major buddies this week, and it was so very nice. Minus the seizing shoulder/neck/back muscles, getting to hold him so much and so exclusively this past week was amazing. We didn't see a lot of beach time (as kids kept kicking sand in his face), but at least he got to wear his beach gear that my mother-in-law gave him once before he got too big for it. And this kid is getting big. I'm thinking he's hovering on or over 14 pounds. Seriously. But it's 14 pounds of absolute cuteness, all day, every day. Here's a taste:



Gracious, the preciousness. He was so off-schedule this week, but he continued to be his sweet self regardless. He was passed around to no end, but somehow always ended up back in Amanda's arms, which must have some secret sleeping superpower because Jude was never able to resist it. Also, I seemed to be channeling everyone else's fashion sense, because I kept showing up to sessions as the exact twin of someone else. Exhibit A: Alicia. Even down to the shoes (sort of). I like her jeans better.


Exhibit B: Carra. This sweet girl drove 8 hours by herself, on her own time and gas, to be at Camp with us because we were short on girl leaders. I was so happy she came.


Here's Judah practicing his faux-hawk for Saturday night's Celebrity Night (he was one of Angelina Jolie's 30,000 kids). What you don't see in this picture is the 8-year-old granddaughter of the resort owner who took it upon herself to be my best friend anytime she was around. She really was cute, even if she couldn't get over how "creepy" my long toes were. "I mean, they're really creepy!" "Thank you, Brooke. So you've said."


First time in the ocean! He liked it a lot more than E did her first time. That's my true little boy. Yes, I know it's an...interesting hat, but there is not much in the way of cute baby boy head coverings. You do with what you've got. I've got to say though, there's not much that doesn't look cuter than it's supposed to when it's on him.



So that's all that's new for now. I am so, so very happy to be back at home today for our first "regular" day in a while. I'm reveling in the laundry, dishes, and all things routine. Still thinking about the house we saw a couple weeks ago and still asking God if He could do the impossible for us in this situation. We'll see.

It doesn't help that I can't get renovation plans out of my head. It's getting a little carried away. I've already drafted a couple of letters in my mind to all the HGTV shows. "Dear Genevieve, I've had two kids in two years and we're still living in a two-bedroom, one-bath apartment that we seem to be sharing with lots of bugs. For the love of all that's good, please help me."

We'll see.

4 comments:

Ben and Audrey said...

i'm glad you had such a good time, and that you had so much jude time. i know that was special. but it is always so nice to come back home and get into a normal routine, especially when there are little ones involved. have a great week!

Emily said...

Ah! I love the way you write. A few things:

1. I wish I could somehow show up somewhere and be wearing the same thing you are! Unfortunately, I will never have the fashion sense of a rockstar such as yourself.

b. In the 2.5 years that I've known you, I have never noticed your toes. And that's actually something to be said. I hate feet. Your feet are not on my list. So that's a good thing. Never listen to 8 yr olds. Ever.

III. I'm so glad you're home! We need to play very soon!! Bring the floats and the kids, and lets play in the pool this weekend. I'll help, I promise!!

Courtney said...

Love that you are blogging again! I totally think you should write HGTV. I consider it myself often. Be careful with that station; It seems to keep me ever dissatisfied with my home. That I do not live in yet. Whatever. I remember your toes. :)

maribeth said...

what a sweet time to have with just jude! i just want to squeeze him and his chub! i also have long skinny toes that freak others out, but mostly at the fact that i use them to do things like pick things up and open and close things. i know, it's weird, but i have 3 kids under 5 and God only gave me two hands. and, finally, i believe you may have a shot with genevieve. and i agree with courtney, i find myself to constantly dissatisfied with my home. but, that could be because we outgrew it when spencer started requiring toys. why, why must all infant toys be SO large-swing, exersaucer, play mat, etc. ugh!