Saturday, September 5, 2009

Also.

I would like to state officially that I am a self-diagnosed Peak-Too-Sooner. I am denying myself the pleasure of listing all the many, many, many things I love about fall because every year I get all hyped up at the first drop in temperature and all the lovely emotions that fall conjures up in me are spent by the middle of October. So I am resolutely against talking about crisp air, fire smells, scarves, jackets, or pumpkin anything until at least the end of this month.

We'll see how long that lasts.

Meanwhile, there's a deep dark place inside my soul where Little Girl Rachel is giddily jumping up and down and squeaking excitedly about closed-toed flats, football games, and autumnish things.

Wow, that didn't last long at all.

Don't even get me started on Christmas....

6 comments:

maribeth said...

me too!!

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

ooohhh, closed toed flats. I like that.

Anonymous said...

Rach-
I am considering moving to wherever you are after graduation just so I can be in your presence. I miss you lots.
-Char

ps I adore your children.

Candace said...

buy you a good pumpkin spice candle or a wallflower from b&bw, put on a scarf, and some cute shoes and just pretend it's not 100 degrees outside.... we'll talk Christmas another time!

DeLois said...

Rachel, Autumn has always been my favorite season...my new home is filled with autumnal colors...cinnamon...it tastes and smells of Fall....love you... Aunt DeLois