Here's documentation of our time at the punkett patch (punkett=pumpkin in Elizabethese, hello). Every day, whenever she catches a glimpse of the punketts on our table, she proceeds to list all the punketts we purchased. "Mommy punkett, Daddy punkett (which is the same pumpkin, the "bic punkett"), my punkett, Judah punkett." She's big into listing things, obviously; for example, if for some reason houses come up in conversation, we have to review all the people we know who have houses: "Omi house, Papaw house, Bear house, BeBe house, my house, Mommy house," etc.
And she's also all about lining things up. (My slightly OCD, struggling Type-A heart rejoices!) Periodically she'll gather her favorite small stuffed animals and baby dolls and sit them all on the second stair and talk to them. I think it's pretty much the most precious thing I've ever seen, second only to the times--like this morning--when she goes to her toy stash and brings Jude his favorite, a Snoopy golf club. (He likes to "bang bang," as E would say.) She has also taken to calling him "Jute" every so often, which is third on the list of Most Precious Things.
As for "Jute," in accordance with his ridiculously laid back self, he is completely unconcerned with what all the other babies his age are doing. He is content in every way to roll like a barrel to get wherever he wishes to go. He laughs in the face of quicker transportation and developmental milestones. What a little rebel I have. He won't even put his knees under him. Won't even try. That's OK with me though; I'd have cutie-patootie-rebel-child be a baby-baby for as long as possible, thank you. One thing I did learn with the previous child: they all get around to everything eventually.
So. The punkett pictures. 20,000 words later. Here you go!
UPDATE: If it makes it any better, I wrote this a few days ago (Tuesday, as you can see from the post date) but our internet connection failed me utterly and all I was left with was a draft. So I'm posting it now. In those few days, E has gone from "punkett" to "punkin." They grow up so fast....
Also, we are all fighting valiantly against sickness at this house. I'm fighting it by buying a chair off craigslist, pre-spending some birthday money that's coming...on my birthday, in a month. Pitiful, I know. Don't judge--I was sick to death of folding chairs in our living room! Surprisingly, this mode of defense is not working. Most emphatically not working. I'm about to have to go stick some tissue up my nose. You're welcome for that visual. Keep coming back for more, people!
4 comments:
precious! spencer prefers to army crawl because she is lightening fast and likes callouses on her toes instead of her knees.
can't wait to see your chair! i wish i could find something on craigs list!
Ah! Gosh you're so funny. Maybe one day if I have kids, I will be funny.
I love your kids. I love that E is OCD, and I love that Jude doesn't care. And I don't think he needs to walk. I will carry him wherever he needs to go.
Did you buy chairs? I want to see!!! Can I come over next week? c'mon. It'll be fun. Like Monday or Tuesday night? eh? Love you!!
Oh my goodness, I am laughing so hard, BeBe is enjoying her own birthday book!!! Love and big "hug around the necks" for everyone!!!!
rach-
if you need an nanny anytime in the near future just give me a holler... i will drop all things in my life to take care of your precious children!!!! i miss you so so much!
Post a Comment