Friday, January 1, 2010

Hiatus: Over.

At least, here's hoping. You know how sometimes there's something hanging over your head that you know you need to do, and how every day that passes makes it harder and harder to do, until actually doing it seems like obscene ridiculousness because it's been so long?

Oooobviously, that's how I've been feeling about the blog.

Fortunately for all you faithful readers (or maybe more accurately by now, all you faithful reader, singular), my mother is keeping me on the ball. Here's tonight's email, verbatim:

Seriously! Are you still without internet connection?! I need my blog fix !!!! What can we do to facilitate a new post?! Do I need to talk to Tony? I love you, get inspired, your fans are waiting with bated breath.



Your momma

There were a few more smiley faces and hearts that for some reason my copy-paste method deleted, which I felt needed mentioning as they offset the general commanding tone of the thing. She demands because she loves.

Really. If my mom didn't ask about my blog, I'd feel like it was time to remove myself from the blog world for lack of interest. Love you, Mom! I and my extensive audience and corporate sponsors thank you. Or...maybe just me.

So anyway, it's time for the traditional spewing-of-all-pictures-that-have-been-taken-in-the-nineteen-years-since-my-last-post. Take a deep breath.

During our 3-week extended Thanksgiving trip to Memphis, the kids did a lot of this:


{yeah, he's sitting straight up}

...this:


{in Katie and Andrew's supercute guest room}

...this:


{as comfortable as it looks, it didn't last long, dangit}

...and this:


{WHAT?! Who taught him to do that? GROWING UP IS NOT ALLOWED!}

That's all my stupid inconsistent internet will let me upload. So much for spewing. Will try again soon, I promise!

Thanks for coming back, reader[s]!

7 comments:

Ben and Audrey said...

i'm so glad you are back to blogging! i actually check my blog roll often to see if you've updated with a new post! i love reading about your family & precious kiddos. they are too cute!

happy new year & i hope ya'll had a wonderful christmas!

maribeth said...

that is the joy of google reader-you post, it let's me know! and, it is a good thing you did, because i was starting to think my google reader was broken or that something bad had happened. i am a facebook slacker, so if you don't post, then i don't get to see your super cute kids. you were missed by more than your mom, so help us all out and do this a little more frequently, okay?? okay. see you tomorrow ;) just kidding you have til sunday!

Unknown said...

WHHHEEEWWW!!! I can stop shaking. Thank you freetnin, I feel like I have been immortalized on your blog. I love the pictures, loved having you all here, kiss the babies and sing to them Bebe's song! Mom

Stephanie said...

Yes we are all still here adn waiting anxiosuly, so keep it up =) (I won't hold it against you, knowing that your not busy in the least and all =)

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
I've been keeping up with your blog too and the kids are looking cuter than ever! They're growing up way too fast. Hope you guys have a Happy New Year. Tell Tony that the Watson's say hello!!!

brandy nicole said...

yeah, i thought my dashboard was broken! i'm glad you're back, though. :)
maybe when you come back to atlanta for more than a day we can hang out.

Alicia said...

oh rach... do you technically live IN atlanta?? no? that's what i thought. haha. i'm in serious need of some face time with those babies and yourself. so much so that my brain has stopped functioning. by the way, those pictures are so beyond cute it should be illegal [but i'm glad it's not]. love you. :) i'm coming down for FREEDOM in 1.5 weeks, so let's play!!!